Supernova Coop ensures compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter the “GDPR”) and the Belgian law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. Supernova implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security of the data processing that it performs.
The purpose of this Personal Data Protection Policy is to clearly and simply explain the processing that Supernova Coop carries out on your data as responsible controller. It may be updated from time to time. You are invited to consult the Supernova Coop website regularly to check the latest version applicable.
1. WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA?
Supernova Coop, whose registered office is at 14 rue d’Arenberg 1000 Bruxelles, and whose company number is : 0678.927.348 is responsible for processing your data.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer at the following address : email@example.com
2. WHY IS YOUR DATA PROCESSED?
YOU ARE VISITING OUR WEBSITE OR SOCIAL NETWORKS
Data categories – If you visit the Supernova Coop website, you do not have to provide any personal data. However, the provision of websites involves the collection of “cookies”.
Cookies – The Supernova Coop site tries to limit the number of cookies and in any case does not set any that depend, for example, on advertising or audience measurement services provided by third parties.
Browsers can be configured to accept or reject cookies, and it is also possible to delete them via the settings or configuration of the software.
All of the website’s functions will be cookie-free, with the exception of shareholdings requiring electronic payment.
Necessary cookies – Cookies are essential for the operation of certain functions on the site:
- Share subscription. The cooperative hosts and manages these services itself on its own servers, and no data is transmitted to third parties.
- Crm.nubo.coop. On this sub-domain, Nubo hosts CiviCRM, a free software application for managing newsletter subscriptions and shareholding forms. Two cookies are required for its functioning.
Here is the list of the cookies placed on your browser during your visit and how long they are stored:
- PHPSESSID www.supernova.coop. Session time. Cookie generated by PHP-based applications. This is a general-purpose identifier used to maintain the user’s session variables. It is normally a randomly generated number. The way it is used can be site-specific (a good example is maintaining a user’s login status between pages).
- m m.stripe.com. One year. Cookie used for Stripe payments to prevent fraud.
- pll_language www.supernova.coop . One year. This cookie is used to remember your language for your next visit to the site.
- stripe_mid www.supernova.coop. One year. Stripe uses a cookie to remember your identity and to enable the website to process payments without storing credit card information on its own servers.
- stripe_sid www.supernova.coop. 30 minutes. Stripe uses a cookie to remember your identity and to enable the website to process payments without storing credit card information on its own servers.
Recipients – In order to fulfil the purposes set out above, your data may be communicated to the third parties mentioned in the cookies policy, as well as to Supernova Coop’s subcontractors (in particular the IT service provider).
2.2. Social Networks
Data categories – If you visit Supernova Coop’s social network pages (Instagram, Facebook, Mastodon), the following personal data may be processed jointly by the social network and the administrator of this page: data linked to your Instagram, Facebook or Mastodon account, data linked to the sharing of content or communications you have with other people.
Purposes – Personal data are processed for the following purposes:
- for placing and reading cookies;
- for purposes of improving the social network’s advertising system;
- for the production of statistics: on the basis of its legitimate interest, Supernova Coop produces statistics on the page’s audience.
Your data will only be processed by the administrator of the page (Supernova Coop) in the context of his or her legitimate interest in obtaining statistics on visitors to his or her page in order to promote the page appropriately. The audience statistics established by the social network are only transmitted to the page administrator in an anonymised format.
Retention period – Your data is or may be processed for as long as the page exists and you visit it.
Recipients – In order to fulfil the purposes set out above, your data is communicated to the social network concerned and to Supernova Coop’s subcontractors (in particular IT service suppliers).
YOU PURCHASE SHARES IN THE COOPERATIVE
2.3 Share purchase
Data categories – If you are subscribing for shares in the cooperative, you must provide your identification details (surname, first name), your contact details (postal address, e-mail address), your date of birth, the number and type of shares you wish to subscribe for and your bank details (account number, account holder). If you are buying shares for your children, you must enter their first and last names in addition to the above details.
Purposes – This data is processed in order to grant you shares in the cooperative association, to draw up your cooperative member certificate and to send it to you. This data is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Supernova Coop.
Retention period – Your data will be retained for the duration of the transaction and for 10 years thereafter.
Recipients – Your data will be passed on to Supernova Coop’s subcontractors (IT service providers, the non-profit association Nova for accounting and the online payment service provider if you use it).
2.4. Management of acquired shares
Categories of data – Your identification data (surname, first name), contact data (postal address, e-mail address), data relating to your admission/issuance/exclusion (date of) and the number and type of shares you are holding are processed.
Purposes – This data is processed:
– In order to publish this information in the cooperative’s shares register;
– in order to invite you to the general meetings of the cooperative at least once per year;
– To enable you to sell/revoke your share where applicable.
This data is processed in accordance with our legal requirements as a cooperative society.
Retention period – Your data will be kept for as long as Supernova Coop exists and for a further 5 years after its liquidation.
Recipients – The data in the register can be freely consulted by other cooperative members in a register at the cooperative’s head office. Your data is also communicated to Supernova Coop’s subcontractors (IT service suppliers).
2.5. Newsletter on the campaign, invitations to events
Data categories – As Supernova Coop member, your identification data (surname, first name) and contact data (e-mail address).
Purposes – This data is processed in order to keep you informed of the campaign’s progress and to invite you, from time to time, to meetings between cooperators (possibly around a movie).
These details will only be processed if you give your consent at the time of purchase (tick box).
Retention period – Your data will be retained until you withdraw your consent.
Recipients – Your data will be communicated to Supernova Coop’s subcontractors (IT service suppliers).
3. IS YOUR DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION?
Your data will be stored exclusively on servers located within the E.U. for the purposes of the website and the purchase and management of shares.
Supernova Coop’s social networks may transfer data outside the European Union. In this case, Supernova ensures that the recipients are obliged to comply with the same data protection standards as in the EU through the appropriate transfer mechanisms provided for in the GDPR.
4. AS A PERSON CONCERNED BY DATA PROCESSING, WHICH RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
Information – This right is carried out by means of this policy.
Access and rectification – You have the right to access your data and have it corrected if necessary.
Objection – You may object to the processing of your data on the basis of our legitimate interest.
Withdrawal of consent – Where data is processed on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw it at any time, without calling into question past processing.
Deletion – You have the right to obtain the deletion of your data or the restriction of processing under the conditions provided for in Articles 17 and 18 of the GDPR.
Portability – The data you have provided with may be communicated to you in electronic format.
5. WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND/OR FILE A COMPLAINT?
Supernova Coop (e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org) will be happy to answer any questions you may have and, providing you can prove your identity, to answer any requests related to the rights set out above.
If you would like further information, or if you wish to file a complaint, you can contact the Data Protection Authority (rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels; +32 (0)2 274 48 00 or +32 (0)2 274 48 35; email@example.com).